About Brooklyn Area Chamber of Commerce
The Brooklyn Area Chamber of Commerce was formed on February 29th 2000 to provide services to local business owners & to promote increased businesses in this community.
The mission of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is to promote and develop the Brooklyn area business community and to provide education and support for its member businesses by:
- Promoting economic development of the business community
- Assessing and addressing the specific needs of the members
- Communicating the mission and goals of the organization to the members and to the larger community
- Working in partnership with the area governments for the common goals
- Serving as goodwill ambassador for the Brooklyn area
The present chamber activities are as follows:
- All members are welcome to attend the monthly meetings which are held on the first Monday evening of each month at 7 pm the Brooklyn Community Building (102 N Rutland Ave, Brooklyn WI 53521).
- At the beginning of each monthly meeting a local speaker is scheduled to do a presentation on their business, organization or position to help us learn about our community
- Members in attendance are part of a monthly drawing of a business to be spotlighted at the following meeting with a 15 minute presentation about their business and info on their business will be spotlighted on the website.
- Interested members cost shared with the Chamber to advertise in the Green Co Tourism publication
Our fiscal year is October 1 to September 30. We review the budget at least once a year and more frequently as requested by the membership or the board of directors. At least once a year the Chamber Board of directors meet to determine the direction that they would like the organization to follow.
Our Board of Directors
Member at Large
Promote and develop the Brooklyn area business community and to provide education and support for its member businesses